Important Current Affairs January 2019
Hello all! Welcome to the Daily Banking Current Affairs of 6 and 7 January 2019 current affairs post. Today, we will discuss important daily current affairs. These will help you in preparing better for your banking exams (IBPS PO/SBI/IBPS Clerk). The information will also help you to make it through examinations like SSC and UPSC.
So here are the important 6 and 7 January Current Affairs 2019:
- The Union Cabinet approves 10% reservation for “economically backward” upper castes in government jobs.
- Indian Railways have announced recruitment for 13,487posts of Junior engineers, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant.
- Rami Malek, Glenn Close wins the 76th Golden Globe 2019 Award for Best Acting.
- ISRO (Indian Space Research organization) Chairman Dr. K Sivan stated that Rs 10,900 crore allocated by the Union Government for the development of 40 satellite launch vehicles in next 4 years.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a fine of Rs 100 crore on Meghalayabgovt. for its failure to curb illegal coal mining in the state.
- AAI (Airports Authority of India) signed MoU with (SAMEER) Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research for joint research programs in the field of CNS (Communication Navigation and Surveillance).
- The Central Government has assured that all homes in India will have electricity by March 31, 2019.
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik announced interest-free loans up to Rs 3 lakh for (WSHGs) Women self-help groups in the state.
- United States President Donald Trump signs Asia Reassurance Initiative Act into Law.
- Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic secured victory over Angelique Kerber and Alexander Zverev to win the Hopman Cup second time in a row.
- Arunima Sinha becomes the World’s first female Amputee to scale Antarctica’s highest Peak.
- Indian cricket team wins first-ever Test series in Australia, by beating them 2-1 in four-match series.