Important Current Affairs January 2019
Hello all! Welcome to the Daily Banking Current Affairs of 2nd and 3rd January 2019 current affairs post. Today, we will discuss important daily current affairs. These will help you in preparing better for your banking exams (IBPS PO/SBI/IBPS Clerk). The information will also help you to make it through examinations like SSC and UPSC.
So here are the important 2nd and 3rd January 2019 Current Affairs:
- India’s largest airline IndiGo has become our country first domestic airline which has a longer range new engine option which is (A321neo) plane in its fleet with the very first aircraft arriving from the Hamburg facility in Germany.
- The RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has set up an expert committee under former SEBI( Securities and Exchange Board of India) chairman U.K. Sinha to suggest a long-term solution for the economic and financial sustainability of the MSME sector.
- The UIDAI has issued around 123 crore Aadhaar cards as on 30 November 2018.
- The United States and Israel have officially quit the (UNESCO) United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization with the close of 2018.
- Bangladesh ODI captain Mashrafe Mortaza becomes an MP (Member of Parliament) after winning from the Narail 2 constituency in the Bangladesh 11th general election.
- Bruno Le Maire, the Finance Minister of France announced that France will introduce its own tax on Technology and Internet Giants from January 1st, Tax will be called as “GAFA tax” named after Google, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon.
- Indian President Ram Nath Kovind has nominated Justice Arjun Kumar Sikri as Executive Chairman of NALSA(National Legal Services Authority).
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) planning to launch 32 Space Mission in 2019 including the second lunar mission Chandrayaan-2 (Rs 800 crore mission).
- The Government has appointed Hemant Bhargava, Managing Director, Life Insurance Corporation of India as the Acting Chairman.
- Sachin Tendulkar’s Cricket coach Ramkant Achrekar passed away at the age of 87. He was honoured with Padma Shri in 2010 and Dronacharya Award in 1990.