Hello all, Welcome to Daily Current Affairs.
Today’s daily current affairs contain 8 main points which will be beneficial for your preparations for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk and for many other exams.
Daily Current affairs for Bank Exams
- 1st World Health Organisation (WHO) Global Conference on Air Pollution and Health held in Geneva, Switzerland
This was the first Global conference by WHO on Air Pollution and Health was held at WHO Headquarters on 30 October – 1 November
WHO invited countries and various other partners to work together to fight against air pollution. To fight this WHO gave 5 steps which are:
- Universal electrification of health facilities
- A new multi-stakeholder Global Energy-Health Platform of Action.
- Equip health workers to be agents of change.
- Scale up WHO’s own Air Pollution programme.
- Strengthen institutional mechanisms.
2. IIT- Madras creates ‘Shakti’, India’s own first microprocessor
Researchers at IIT Madras have designed and booted up India’s very first microprocessor (Shakti), which can be used in mobile, computers and others devices like tablets and all.
- Shakti microprocessor can be used in low-power wireless systems and also will reduce reliance imports on microprocessors in there communications and defense sectors.
3. Kolkata leads the Ease of moving Index 2018
The ‘Ease of Moving Index’, a report made by Ola’s think-tank, Ola Mobility Institute.
- As per reports, Kolkata ranks the highest in terms of affordability of public transportation with almost about 80% of commuters finds Kolkata’s public transport affordable as well as reasonable.
- Nitin Gadkari released this report, Hon’ble Union Minister.
Also Read: Daily Current Affairs 5th November 2018
4. India Ranked 12th in web-borne threats: Kaspersky Lab
According to the recent report by the global cybersecurity company, Kaspersky Lab, India is ranked 12th Worldwide when it comes to the dangers associated with surfing the web
- In the third quarter (July- September), 32.8% (1/3rd) of the users were attacked by web-borne threats in India.
5. Former aircraft carrier Viraat to become a floating museum: Devendra Fadnavis
The Maharashtra Cabinet has approved the conversion of decommissioned carrier INS Viraat into a floating museum.
- As per the Maharashtra government’s Rs 852-crore plan for Viraat, the ship’s conversion will be on public-private-partnership (PPP) basis.
6. Ministry of AYUSH observes Ayurveda Day every year on Dhanawantari Jayanti (Dhanteras).
This year Ayurveda Day is being celebrated on 5th November 2018.
- On this occasion, Ministry is organizing a “National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda” in association with NITI Aayog on 4th & 5th November 2018 at Dr. Ambedkar International centre, Janpath, New Delhi.
7. Indo-French Conclave held in Nagpur
Indo-French Conclave was held in Nagpur, Maharashtra, in which French and Indian firms signed 12 agreements worth 200 million euro.
- These agreements will help to create jobs around 3000 alone n Maharashtra.
- This Indo-French Conclave was organized by Indo French Chamber of Commerce & Industry (IFCCI) and the Embassy of France in India.
8. M Mukundan wins Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2018
Writer M Mukundan has won this year’s Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, the highest literary award by the state government.
- Born in 1942 in Mahe, Mukundan is popularly known as the writer of Mayyazhi.
- The award is being given for his overall contributions to the language and literature.
Disclaimer: We don’t own these images used in this post