Important Current Affairs January 2019
Hello all! Welcome to the Daily Banking Current Affairs of 8 January 2019 current affairs post. Today, we will discuss important daily current affairs. These will help you in preparing better for your banking exams (IBPS PO/SBI/IBPS Clerk). The information will also help you to make it through examinations like SSC and UPSC.
So here are the important 8 January 2019 Current Affairs:
- World Bank President Jim Yong Kim announced that he will step down from the President position on 1st February 2019.
- The 106th Session of Indian Science Congress, 2019 concluded in LPU (Lovely Professional University), Jalandhar, Punjab. This ISC Session was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Gruf Finance, the housing finance branch of HDFC, announced its merger with Bandhan bank.
- The 4th edition of the Raisina Dialogue has begun in New Delhi. Norway PM Ms Erna Solberg inaugurated the event.
- India born Gita Gopinath joins IMF (International Monetary Fund) as its chief Economist to becomes the first woman to be in the top IMF post.
- Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting and Youth Affairs & Sports, Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore launched the sharing of All India Radio News with private FM broadcasters for free of cost. It has initially started as a trial till 31st May 2019.
- Alok Verma reinstated as the CBI chief by the Supreme Court.
- Kumar Rajesh Chandra appointed as the Director-General of SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal)