Important Current Affairs December 2019
Hello all! Welcome to the Daily Banking Current Affairs of 1st January 2019 current affairs post. Today, we will discuss important daily current affairs. These will help you in preparing better for your banking exams (IBPS PO/SBI/IBPS Clerk). The information will also help you to make it through other competitive examinations like SSC and UPSC.
So, here are the important 1st January 2019 Current Affairs:
1. An exhibition “Dandi Yatra,” which is part of the celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of the father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi was inaugurated in New Delhi.
2. Madhya Pradesh state government will create an Adhyatmik Vibhag (Spiritual Department). It will be done by means of merging several existing departments.
3. India will provide Bhutan a transitional trade support facility of Rs 400 crore over a period of five years.
4. Rishabh Pant has become the first Indian Wicketkeeper to take 20 catches in a test Series.
5. Central Information Commission, or CIC,appointed 4 new Information Commissioners. The newly-appointed professionals are:
- Yashwardhan Kumar Singha
- Vanaja N.Sarna
- Suresh Chandra
- Neeraj Kumar Gupta
6. ESAF Small Finance Bank has received the RBI’s approval for inclusion in the Second schedule of RBI act 1934.
7. Rajasthan State Government abolishes the condition of a minimum educational qualification to contest local body elections.
8.Indian female Cricketer, Samriti Mandhana has won two ICC awards for the year 2018. She is also the Vice-captain of the Indian Women Cricket team. Awards won by the sportswoman are:
- Women’s Cricketer of the Year
- Women’s ODI Player of the Year
9. Sudhir Bhargava has been appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner. With this, he became the 9th person to held the position. Moreover, he has been working as an Information Commissioner since June of 2015.
10. Veteran Kannada Actor, C.H. Loknath passed away recently.
11. “V K Yadav” has been appointed as the new Chairman of Railway board. He is the general manager in south central railway and he takes over from Ashwani Lohani.
Other than the important current affairs mentioned before, here are some important facts related to them:
- Kamal Nath and Anandiben Patil is the Chief Minister and Governor, respectively of MP.
- CIC (Central Information Commission) has headquarters in New Delhi. Additionally, the institution started in 2005.
- ICC has its headquarters at Dubai, UAE. Also, Shashank Manohar is the chairman for ICC.
- Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck is the President of Bhutan while Lotay Tshering is its Prime Minister.
- Ashok Gehlot is the Chief Minister of Rajasthan. Furthermore, Governor of Rajasthan is Kalyan Singh.
- Thimpu is the Capital of Bhutan and Ngultrum is the national currency.
- ESAF Small Finance Bank was founded on 17 March 2017.
- While the Corporate HQ of ESAF is at Thrissur, the Regional HQ of the same is at Chennai.
- Mr. Kadambelil Paul Thomas is the CEO of ESAF. He also serves as the MD of the organization.